GCSE Biology revision notes made for the OCR exam boards. This covers all the topics and modules for all specifications including J247 (9-1), J257, J263, J243.
Topics that are covered include B1 – You and Your Genes; B2 – Keeping Healthy; B3 – Life on Earth; B4 – The Processes of Life; B5 – Growth and Development; B6 – Brain and Mind; and B7 – Further Biology.
B1 – You and Your Genes Revision Notes:
- B1.1 What are genes and how do they affect the way that organisms develop?
- B1.2 Why can people look like their parents, brothers and sisters but not identical to them?
- B1.3 How can and should genetic information be used? How can we use our knowledge to prevent disease?
- B1.4 How is a clone made?
B2 – Keeping Healthy Revision Notes:
- B2.1 How do our bodies resist infection?
- B2.2 What are vaccines and antibiotics and how do they work?
- B2.3 What factors increase the risk of heart disease?
- B2.4 How do our bodies keep a healthy water balance?
B3 – Life on Earth Revision Notes:
- B3.1 Systems in balance – how do different species depend on each other?
- B3.2 How has life on Earth evolved?
- B3.3 What is the importance of biodiversity?
B4 – The Processes of Life Revision Notes:
- B4.1 How do chemicals reactions take place in living things
- B4.2 How do plants make food?
- B4.3 How do living organisms obtain energy?
B5 – Growth and Development Revision Notes:
- B5.1 How do organisms develop
- B5.2 How does an organism produce new cells?
- B5.3 How do genes control growth and development within the cell?
B6 – Brain and Mind Revision Notes:
- B6.1 How do animals respond to changes in their environment
- B6.2 How is information passed through the nervous system?
- B6.3 Can reflex responses be learned?
- B6.4 How do humans develop more complex behavior?
B7 – Further Biology Revision Notes: